I haven’t posted anything about Joseph and myself in a little while because I’ve been busy. As of today (Thursday) we have 40 days until the wedding. That’s not much time at all, and we’re finalizing things. Even though much of the wedding planning is complete, there are still things we need to get done, and when you couple that with full-time jobs, and training for a half-marathon, life becomes a bit much. However, we’re managing, and I will still find time to be thankful…
…so, here it goes…
I’m thankful for the following; therefore, they’re fab:
- The continuous desire to learn. I’ve always said, I’m going to be a lifelong learner, and this is true. I’ve recently purchased four books on a variety of subjects, and I like the fact that I’m just as passionate about learning as I was when I was a child.
- Having fun with Joseph. It’s so refreshing to be silly with someone, and we can be EXTREMELY silly. Laughter is truly the best medicine.
- Truth. This week, I had a heart to heart conversation with a friend, and she helped me realize something about myself that I hated to admit. There is something about a friend who will call you out on your shit and still love you when it’s done. That’s a real friendship.
- Fresh, cool strawberries on hot Arizona days…’nuff said.
- Another day for improvement. We’re not promised tomorrow, so when you receive it, make the most of it. I’m starting to realize that holding onto the past is ridiculous, and each day is a new day to start off fresh and new. Besides, you can’t change the past, but you can rectify the present in hopes to make the future better.
”In every crisis there is a message. Crises are nature’s way of forcing change — breaking down old structures, shaking loose negative habits so that something new and better can take their place.” — Susan L. Taylor