This week is finally over! I feel like I need an IV with coffee in it to keep me energized all of the time. It’s that or sleep eight hours a night. Unfortunately, the latter is not going to happen anytime soon.
I’m still thankful for some of the events that have come my way, and just like any other Friday, I need to acknowledge them.
I’m thankful for the following; therefore, they’re fab:
1. My eldest brother. No matter how old I am, he always comes to my aid and defense when I need him. He helped me out with something major this week, and it was nice of him to put everything on pause in order to do that.
2. Having a great day at clinicals this week. Clinicals is like free labor for the hospital. Yes, you’re learning a lot of skills, but you don’t get paid anything. It’s long hours, and you must retain all that you can. It’s very nice to have great days because by the time you leave, you’re extremely tired and ready to fall out on the floor (but don’t do it…that’s nasty).
3. Salted Carmel Mocha from Starbucks…’nuff said.
4. Pink Ugg boots. No, I didn’t get any, but I’m thankful for seeing them because now I can add something else to my Christmas list .
5. Health. My clinicals are in a hospice hospital, and each day that I go, it makes me appreciative of my health and the health of my family and friends. Seeing someone in a hospice hospital puts things into perspective, and it makes you realize what’s important.
“He who enjoys good health is rich, though he knows it not.” Italian Proverb